Saturday, April 9, 2016

Blog Update

Sorry for the lack of posts the last 2 weeks, hit a rough patch in real life. Between spring break work load and then child and I both got sick, there was no extra time to work on the blog. I made some goals for 2016 at the beginning of the year.

As a refresher the goals:
  • Read a scientific paper at least every work day, goal by year end 200 papers (#365papers"win" with 200)
  • Write more for the blog, one post a week (#50posts)
  • Shout out the little things that make me happy in Mommyhood (#PositiveParentMoment) 
  • 500 words a week in my PhD dissertation
  • Read 2 fun/non-sci books a month
  • Detailed edit of my NaNoWriMo 2015 by this upcoming NaNo  

Now the update...



What a hopeful person I was for this year! At this about 1/4 mark through 2016 I have
  • read 23 papers into #365papers before I got distracted and then fell behind and then forgot completely. 
  • written 12 blogposts(13 counting this one!) for #50posts (only 2 weeks off not terrible!)
  • #PositiveParentMoment has completely died off and I really need to refocus on that as it does help keep things with Boo in perspective
  • I have written 0, yes that's right, 0 words towards my PhD diss.. this needs to change STAT
  • I've read 3 fun books all year, short of the goal of 6
  • I did finish draft 1 of NaNo2015 and have started editing so I'll consider that goal on target
There we have it, out of 6 goals that I gave myself for 2016, I have sorta kept up with 2 of them.  Never to late to try again though! Here's to July 1 where hopefully I will have 100 papers in my #365papers Excel sheet, 26 #50posts, many thousands of words in PhD dissertation, and 12 fun books read!

We'll be back to science next week! 

5 comments:

  1. If you need any kind of help please do reach Great Dr Ogudugu on his website: www.greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really want to get some more detail and information about the How men really feels about women but your blog helped me so much thank you for sharing it.
    How men really feels about women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the music video of Come Back well done.
    music video of Come Back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids Choice Deni is a team of highly trained and experienced educators committed to supporting your child’s learning and development through a nurturing, safe and most of all – fun – environment.

    Please update some useful blogs related to childcare centers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some feedback! I love interacting with people!