Friday, January 1, 2016

New year, new start!

Welcome to 2016! I feel bizarre even saying that.. I am now further into the future than Marty McFly even traveled! Some big anniversaries are coming up this year, I will have had my masters degree 10 years, been a SCUBA diver for 20 years, and my son is turning 10, meaning I've been a Mom for a decade. None of those things seem as if they were that long ago, especially being a Mom. It does not feel like it was almost 10 years ago I found out I was pregnant. Just goes to show
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Paramount Pictures





On that note, this year I am going to try and be more conscious of my usage of time. While I do not believe one must start all new life goals on the New Year, it is a convenient time. Plus it gave me the last week to procrastinate and push everything off for the "last" time! LOL

2016 Goals (and any associated hashtags)

  • Read a scientific paper at least every work day, goal by year end 200 papers (using #365papers from Jacquelyn Gill but I'll "win" with 200)
  • Write more for the blog, one post a week (#50posts from Jacquelyn Gill)
  • Shout out the little things that make me happy in Mommyhood (#PositiveParentMoment) 
  • 500 words a week in my PhD dissertation (#PhD500WordsAtATime)
  • Read 2 fun/non-sci books a month
  • Detailed edit of my NaNoWriMo 2015 by this upcoming NaNo 

 Periodically, I'll try to check in with the above goals and give everyone an update. Happy New Year! Welcome 2016!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Paramount Pictures

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty hefty goals, don't forget to live a little and rest. I did my PhD with 2 boys and it was exhausting. Brave of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm behind on several of them already... so glad to know other Moms have survived this process!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some feedback! I love interacting with people!