Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall Break

This week was Fall break for my Uni, no classes on Mon/Tues and because of the way the lab I teach works both my sections are cancelled this week. For the undergrads this means run away and play. But for me, it means extra lab time! Several of the procedures I need to do take multiple days and this week I had 3 days with no interruptions to my work day. I was able to get 2 full rounds of plasmid preps done.

One of the beautiful thing about Fall break is that the school is usually quiet. It's like a mini taste of summer. Parking is a breeze, plenty of spots. Common equipment is usually available. Email doesn't flood the box like a tidal wave. No interruptions for classes prep or grading. And I actually got some things done, feeling a bit more like a responsible grad student! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some feedback! I love interacting with people!