Monday, August 25, 2014

So it begins...

Today was the first day of classes at my Uni. My classes are on T/Th, both the student and instructor one. At noon I have to be on the other side of campus from the lab to take my course. I am very excited about this course, Plant Molecular Biology! Woo plants!!! Three exams and 12 quizzes, so there will be a little stress but overall I am very excited. This course ends at 1:15.

Then at 1:30 I have to be back in the lab building to teach my lab. It's about a 10 minute walk... The weeks where I have practicals are going to be very hard. I cannot set up the practical early because there is another lab section in there until 12:50pm. The easiest fix is to simply delay class, and for the full practicals I can do this as it only takes about 2 hours out of the 3.5hr set aside. But the mini practical also includes lab activities afterwards. I might be able to delay class by 15, maybe 30, minutes but that would be all. I've never gotten a practical set up in less than 45 minutes.

Tonight, I made up both of my binders for class. Syllabi, handouts, readings are all printed, three-hole punched and nestled nicely in the binders. I printed out my color photo roster so that I have a jump start on learning names. Slides have been prepped and practiced. Now I can relax for one last night before jumping into full-blown semester mode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some feedback! I love interacting with people!