Now some Year 1 comments:
- What pleasantly surprised me the most this year, has been how easily I slipped back into research and study habits considering I had not been a student for 7 years.
- What unpleasantly surprised me the most this year, the costs of grad school, utilities, and how much these costs can vary month to month.
- My big accomplishment was to complete Quals
- Just this week, I obtained a homozygote line for my soybeans, which means I can do experiments with these soybeans soon.
- I still worry about balance of being a great mom and a good grad student. Thankfully I have a very understanding adviser that lets me run off when I need to do important mommy stuff.
|Year 1 Complete!|
Edit: Update - I got my awesome grad school contest jewelry from Vexed Muddler in the mail!! How beautiful is this soybean with DNA seeds necklace!